A blocking option

Home Forums Suggestions Combat A blocking option

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Rukio

Via it using a shield, a giant 2H or magic barriers!

It would make an interesting concept.
      A shield blocking mostly physical damage and ranged projectiles while being weaker too magic.
      A 2H for those everything berserk! Don’t make them just a vulnerable power house, give them a block! Thing is it’s nothing like a shield or magic barrier. It reduces incoming damage very slightly.
      Magic barriers are good against.. you guessed it! Magic based attacks and possibly projectiles. Melee physical only reduced slightly.

Rob
      Participant

Cool! Blocking. We’re prototyping combat mechanics at the minute so will probably mess with blocking.

Rob – Wonderstruck Designer

Grimoire
      Participant

Maybe give sword users the ability to have a shield on the left hand so they have higher defense. I dunno if it really needs an option to block but don’t make the defense like super high so that it’s impossible to kill a person with a shield. lol

Camer
      Participant

What about giving different weapons a different way of blocking/evading?
      e.g. with a Sword you can Block, with Daggers you can roll etc. But of course there must be a cooldown on blocking/evading or a stamina bar.

Grimoire
      Participant

Having a shield is better than blocking with sword.

AfroBlant
      Participant

You guys talking about swords and daggers what about spears ? I love to use spear in a game if i can. So if u have spear its 2-handed how you mange to block with it? but just look at 300 spartans they use spears and shield also ability to throw a spear would be nice i know u dont want to lose yours weapon but you can have a sword as a second wepon so just thake it out and fight 😀 think about it.

Grimoire
      Participant

Could make it like this.

Swords = balanced damage & speed
      Daggers and Fist weapons= low damage but faster speed
      2-Handed Weapons (staffs excluded) = high damage but slow.
      Staves/staffs/magical weapons = low attack but average speed.
      Bows can be different depending on bow/arrows used and how long bow has been drawn.
      Spears/Lance = average attack but low speed since longer reach.

AfroBlant
      Participant

agree with everything except spears/lances u can obtain good speed with it if u ues it with skill dont u think ?

Grimoire
      Participant

Ya but you got to think of balance since it has long reach it can’t be too overpowered to we here you can’t be attacked at all. Lol

AfroBlant
      Participant

yep i thought about it and i dont mean to overpower it 😀

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.