Add an ARROW to the minimap please

Home Forums Suggestions Exploration Add an ARROW to the minimap please

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Antignarot
      Participant

Plain and simple, the dot in the middle of the compass / minimap is missing a slight point to it.
      I love it! But I noticed after the first 10 minutes that I had a hard time telling which direction my character was aiming specifically on the map XD

I know the square blocks give you a level to base your direction, but I would really appreciate it if your icon was an arrow. It’s a big small difference that’s difficult to explain.. think of using a GPS that didn’t have an arrow to indicate your car 😛

-Thanks taking the time to read my suggestion 🙂

Zouls
      Participant

there is an arrow on the map? and it always points north, so if you know how to navigate around a compass you can always know which way you are going, thats what you want, yeah?

Birne

He ment an arrow as a pointer where the player stands on the mini map. I think it would be a nice addition to ad the function to switch from a moving to a fixed map, so that you have a map, that rotates or an arrow in the middle which showes you, where you are facing and the map is fixed to point to north/up. That would be great for navigating (I for example like not rotating maps 😉 )

Zouls
      Participant

ehh its made like a compas, its purely based on logic, so i really enjoy the minimap, but maps are going to be craftable items later on, so there will prob be different types, this for now is a compass ish map but they might also make a map map as you want 😀

Antignarot
      Participant

Yeah like Birne mentioned I meant for the player icon to be an arrow, I’ve noticed the north arrow on the outside of the compass XD

I guess I’ve just played too many other games besides Oort so having a compass / minimap without your character icon having a slight point seems odd 😛
      If the devs didn’t put it in in the first place, I guess this is close to (if not already) the final version of the compass, and I’m fine with that 🙂

Havok40k
      Participant

It would not harm the function or design of the existing map to change the dot in the middle to a pointer, and if it adds clairity to some players, I see no reason not to.

Zouls
        Participant

Yeah that would help alot.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.