Beacon Permissions

Home Forums Suggestions Building Beacon Permissions

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ardos

I’m thinking that we could have different permissions for Beacons, kind of like we have for PvP at the moment.

What I’m currently thinking of –

Owner
      Can do everything including removing the beacon.

Master
      Can do everything except remove the beacon.

Builder
      Can add/remove their own blocks and those of other Builders but not remove those placed by the Owner or Masters.

User
      No adding/removing blocks. This is the default category.

No grappling hook
      A separate toggle to the above categories that can be added to any category that adds/removes their ability to use the grappling hook within the Beacon.

I think that’s it for now.

Thoughts?

Havok40k
      Participant

Additional permissions should include chest access, door access and drop/pickup permissions.

Additionally, a beacon should control if a player drops inventory on death or not, useful for pvp beacon zones.

Patfor333
        Participant

Or if you could allot access to chests individually.

Ardos

While those will need permissions as well, I feel that they should be handled at either an individual level or Guild level.

Then again, the more options that are available, the better!

Definitely agree on inventory dropping.

Ellendereth
      Participant

Well i have a few suggestions about the beacons generally.

The idea of beacons remind me of building a city, where the permissions should be set very precisely, but in this post i simplified it a lot.

First of all i will make different types of beacon something like that:

Personal Beacon – the permissions could be something like in the first post but more simple, see below
      City Beacon – explained below, see below
      (permissions will be explained below for both)

City beacon should be split in 3 beacons marking the specific zone/district:

Residential beacon
      Zone where residents can place their Personal beacons and make their home in the city.

Marketplace beacon
      One big building where all the residents can place their products to sell. Or residents can place their demands (like e.g. sell me 100 stones, i give you 10 golds). Strangers can only buy products here or only sell their products to the demands, well both sides can earn money.

Industrial beacon
      It depends on how will the professions be like. But i imagine it like this – let’s say Master Chef (cooking profession) will be assigned by the Mayor, he can build his own “kitchen” and place there all his equipment for the cooking. Well this kitchen will provide some kind of bonus for the residents with cooking profession without Master Chef tier. The bonus could be faster cooking time or chance to create multiple food from same amount of ingredients. Well this is only my opinion, it could be pretty fine this way, dont you think?

Permissions Personal Beacon:
      I will make the permission for the Personal beacon more simple.

Owner – can do anything, right to use grappling hook (as in the first post)
      Master – anything but removing beacon
      Friends – only access to the building, access via opening door most likely

If you trust your friend, u can put him to the Master, if it is someone u met recently u will leave him in Friends.

Permissions City Beacon:
      I think this is the most difficult part of this, so any suggestions?

The city owner should have the right to decide how the city will look like, if he wants to keep a specific STYLE of the city or not.

General Permissions:

Mayor
      -owns the city, can do anything
      -can discharge the city under specific conditions, no residents, etc.
      -assigning the lot to the residents
      a) Mayor can specify the size of lot resident can build within
      b) or assign already built building to the resident (keeping style of city)
      – setting tax rate ? 😀 well it is an option
      -right to use grappling hook (as in the first post)

Representatives
      -Mayor’s deputies
      -assigning the lot to the residents
      a) Mayor can specify the size of lot resident can build within
      b) or assign already built building to the resident (keeping style of city)

City builders
      -granted by Mayor
      -they can build throughout the city keeping it beautiful
      -rebuilding lots only after permission of the resident
      -permission to rebuild marketplace

Residents
      -access throughout the city to all parts
      -no permission to place blocks except in their own lot and cant access different lots

Market agents
      -Residents are permitted to sell/make demand
      -strangers are permitted to buy/sell to demand

Industrialists
      -the chosen ones by Mayor with Master tier of profession
      -Mayor will assign them lot where they can build their workroom

Practical example:

As i will progress through the game and decide to make a city, i will build Mayor’s house (my house), then i will build 10 lots for residents, 1 marketplace and i dont have anybody with master tier profesion so i will keep the industrial zone empty.

I will meet 10 new people, i think they will be good residents and assign them lots, as the time goes we will get to know each other i will make them city builders or some representatives and we will build and expand the city together, keeping it in order and prosperous.

How do you like this idea of making cities ?

Accepting suggestions and critics. 🙂

Ellendereth

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Ellendereth.
      • This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Ellendereth.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.