Directional "Light" Blocks

Home Forums Suggestions Building Directional "Light" Blocks

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

This game has great dynamic lighting capabilities, so why not put that potential to further use? It would be nice to have a block that emits light, but rather than a block that emits light in all directions, have a block that emits light in one direction only (albeit in a cone or arc or line of light). This “directional light block” could be directed by the builder, and in the end, many cool new lighting effects could be created which would also differ remarkably from the all-directional light sources. Seems to me that it would be worth the effort to make considering the reward would be more fantastical environmental atmosphere.

michaelb
      Keymaster

Thanks – yes thats a cool idea.

James
      Keymaster

Yeah – cool idea – it’s on my todo list now.

Havok40k
      Participant

This! Yes to this!

Macbigicekeys
        Participant

Bump this idea!

Thorbjorn

Why would you need to bump it if it is on the to-do list?

Quantum73

+1

Hiyosup
      Participant

Are some objects going to be able to rotate with interaction? This directional light makes me think of spotlights, and if I’m safe inside my walls and maybe I see something and I don’t know what it is, I don’t want to go investigate it only to end up being forced to fight something that could be a real threat when I can be smart about it and just scout it out and speculate from a distance. You know, at night when it’s hard to see and more dangerous things that can see, see me.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.