How will the World look after players !?

Home Forums Suggestions Worlds How will the World look after players !?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Janis

Hey Wonderstruck Team and everyone else,

i have a question respectively a suggestion. How will the world be after a lot of people are playing the game. If i see the Minecraft server where everyone can build it is looking terrible, looks like a nuclear war ;).

How will you handle this or will you let the player doing what they want?

wbr Janis

Rob
      Participant

Hi Janis. You’re right, some of the worlds may get ‘a bit messy’ after while. We have a few ways of dealing with this.

To start with we will be implementing a system of ‘Beacons’ that players can place to claim land of their own.

At a later date we also want to add some community multiplayer features such as Guilds to allow like minded players to get together, fight alongside, support and build their own player run settlements. The Beacon system will help these guild players claim tracts of land for their own use.

Currently we only have a few worlds up and running but we intend on having many more. So, there will always be ‘natural’ worlds available. We can also implement certain rules on some worlds if we desire. Certain worlds might be free from any building at all or we could only allow certain areas to be ‘developed’.

Lastly, we expect and hope that players will have the desire to rent their own worlds. This will put more control in your hands and let you have certain amounts of power over the rules and maintenance of your own world.

Thanks very much for supporting us Janis. We appreciate it.

Rob – Wonderstruck Designer

Thorbjorn

It could be cool if there was worlds such as:

– worlds where you can’t build and destroy without having claimed the area with a beacon

– worlds where only certain areas are open for constructions some hidden some marked (a way to do this is to say that beacons only can be placed at specific points) these worlds could also have npc’s or other things which makes the world seem more civilized

– worlds only for adventure and looting the environment protected by som strange outside force

– worlds where the environment regrows or gets rebuild if not beaconed

I hope this helped 🙂

Johannes

What about natural terraforming? A beacon could influence the terrain slightly at the edges, but outside of the beacons and its “influence” there could be some basic “desertation” or “flattening” happening. This way you could get rid of messy landscapes…the chunks shouldn’t differ *too* much when being “renewed”, but I think this would make a lot of sense.

I was wondering a bit about this too. I know about the beacons and how players can form together for towns and guilds, but what about those players that just like to cause trouble and ruin nice things? I was going to attach a screenshot of some minecraft grief mess, but googling it for yourselves should be easy enough. And many already know or have seen these things, thus the concern.

I had a thought of making blocks “repairable” or respawn themselves if some sort of griefing, something similar to a TNT mess on minecraft, were to happen. I know it is a stretch so maybe it wouldn’t work, but maybe this can spawn other ideas or thoughts on grief prevention. Obviously we all know the game is in very early development and briefing really isn’t an issue yet; however, better to be safe now than sorry later. This game is too beautiful to see it ruined by the wicked.

Thorbjorn
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.