Name tag

Home Forums Suggestions Exploration Name tag

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Essa
      Participant

For a better exploration I think when a player aim at a block (whether it’s a normal block or crafted block such as chest) it should tell the player somewhere in the screen what item/block he’s looking at.

I is a faster way to know the blocks around you when you’re digging or visiting someone’s house and see a beautiful block that you really want but don’t know it’s name, it also help the new players to get familiar with the blocks/items faster.

Finally, there should be an option to turn it off, because some people might dislike it.

Havok40k
      Participant

This is currently in the debug screen, hit “tab” key a few times, the info pops up. Until they add a tool tip function, this is the most reliable way to identify blocks.

Kuma

If it has to be implemented (I’m not a fan of it) then it should be off by default and there should be an option to turn it on. For me it breaks the immersion.

James
      Keymaster

Any advanced game world related GUI features – such as a block identifier – will need to be crafted and equipped. This is in keeping with the core idea of a crafting and survival game. The game will not give you these for free – you’ll need to earn them.

Essa
        Participant

Sounds good as long as it doesn’t interfere with other items, or take unnecessary space in the bag, it would be good if there is a slot specially for it and other kits that have the same functions.

James
        Keymaster

Are you suggesting a batman style utility belt? Done and done!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.