Home Forums Suggestions Crafting New Inventory system ideas with Bags and Carts

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Rukio

+ Bags
      – Remove the inventory (E) when crafting is implemented. Have
      the hotbar be what you can carry.
      – To gain space, have a bag on your hotbar. When selected,
      this bag expands into a bigger inventory. (Think Dont Starve).
      – Bags inside bags do not open. They have to be on the hotbar.
      – Bags show on character? 🙂
      <Insert Picture I was supposed to make but didn’t.>
      + Carts
      – Can be coded in as a pet that follows the player and carries
      loot for the player.
      – Ridable?
      – Put prices on items pet is holding to allow other players
      to buy from the cart.
      (Noamd merchants are thus born from this!)

Azraile
      Participant

I like the idea of a limited inventory expanded by backpacks/pouches/whatever. Just having weight limits work fine too, while stuff like that reduces the load of items in it.

Havok40k
      Participant

I personaly hate weight limit mechanics. The bag idea sounds like a great idea and would self balance if you are only allowed to use items on the hotbar. Want quick access to all your tools and weapons? Carry fewer bags. Time to haul your spoils back to base? Bag up your tools annd weapons and equip more bags. You can carry more, but you cant quickly access essentiall items without digging them out.

What if holding a bag reduced movement speed slightly per bag?

Rukio

Would make some other suggestion ideas great with the bag system. Would make transferring ores from underground around with a cart system interesting.

Patfor333
      Participant

I like the idea of a backpack slot, where you place your bag instead of on your hotbar. With no bag equipped, you would still have a decent sized inventory, but with it equipped, your inventory will be expanded, depending on the tier bag, or backpack. The backpack wouldn’t necessarily open, it would just expand your inventory ex. from 40 slots naturally to 60. You wouldn’t have to fiddle around your hotbar for several bags causing clutter and confusion. Players would strive to have the best backpack if they plan to carry a lot. Also, this way you could see your backpack worn on your character if there is a special armor slot for it.

Instead of a cart that follows you, maybe tamed animals can have inventories, too. I’m sure it would be hard to program armors for each one, but maybe some, or hopefully all animals can be equipped with armor. Some animals could naturally have a much larger inventory, and they could be equipped with backpacks, too. It would be interesting if there was also a stat on these animals that was a backpack multiplier.. By this I mean a backpack that would increase your inventory by 10 slots could potentially increase an animal’s inventory by 50, or 2. Like a squirrel sized pet would have a backpack size multiplier of 0.2, while a large horse sized animal could have a backpack size multiplier of 5.

I would love for these ideas to be implemented regarding bags and traveling inventories.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.